A Smile and a Little State-of-the-Art

I don’t know about you, but I love to be treated as though I’m known. I checked into the Homestead for my honeymoon and the rest of the weekend everyone knew my name and my favorite drink. It made me feel important. I like it when the sales clerk remembers my shirt size and walks around the counter with my purchase and says, “Thanks, Kelly.” I return to that store and ask for considerate Casey whenever I purchase something expensive. She gets a good commission and I get my ego stroked. It works out for both of us.

But I also like technology and its benefits. Casey might be good at her job, but she’s no dummy, she is good because she utilizes her resources. All my purchases and preferences are recorded in the store computer, and with a discrete stroke of the enter key Casey remembers the things that are important to me.

I’m just a regular girl, not too many distinguishing features, not too impressive, but when the credit union teller sends my receipt back through the tube and thanks me by name, it makes me smile. Or when I visit the branch to access my safe deposit box and Mindy genuinely wants to know how I am doing, I come back again.

Technology and personal attention—that’s what makes me stay with a good thing like JCU. Its been around for fifty years because of personal service and advanced technology. I can either access the telephone teller and do financial transactions over the web or I can have a seat in Rennie’s office and have a chat and get the same results. I can get CDs or a checking account at a million different financial institutions, but why go somewhere else when I get great technology and hear, “I hope your day goes well, Kelly,” at the end of the transaction. That mix of old-fashioned, hometown consideration and technology at my fingertips is why I made the good choice to be a member.

No comments: